Protective Equipment Update
Fielders masks will be required for ALL softball players both infield and outfield starting with the spring season. Face masks are required on ALL batters helments.
Fees per League are as follows:
- Ponytail (ages 4-6) $85
- 8U (ages 7-8) $100
- 10U (ages 9-10) $105
- 12U (ages 11-12) $110
- 14U (ages 13-14) $125
Important Spring 2017 dates, mark your calendars NOW!
- Registration Opens: January 2017
- NGHS Hitting Clinic: February 11th
- Regular Registraion Closes: February 17th @ 4pm
- Wait List Registration: February 18th - February 24th
- 12U 2/25 on Softball Field (#1) 10:00
- 14U No Evaluations
- Practice Starts: Week of March 6th
- Games: Week of April 3rd through May 26th
- Playoffs Start: May 30th
Additional Dates for Your Planning.
- See Community Events for information on Save the Date times or upcoming Softball Camps.
- Protective equipment requirements: Fielders masks will be required for ALL softball players both infield and outfield starting with the spring season. Face masks are required on All batters helments.
- SRA also recommends use of a heart guard in ALL age groups for players in the pitchers position.
- Registration fees include SRA providing a team shirt and team socks. Other uniform items are the responsibility of parents/guardians. Typically once teams have their first meeting and practice, teams will decide what else is needed! If you do need uniform items or equipment, make sure to check out this Community Event where you can get a discount and SAVE on gear!
Ponytail softball is for girls age 4 to 6 years old who want to learn the fundamentals of hitting and fielding. In Ponytail, players will receive three pitches from a coach and, if unsuccessful, hit a ball off a batting tee. Rules of the game may be varied to accommodate the need for teaching. The primary goals of Ponytail are to instruct children in the fundamentals of softball and to allow them to experience the value of teamwork. Rosters may be composed of up to 12 players.
The 8U Division is intended to teach 7 and 8 year-olds the fundamentals of softball by the simplest method possible - letting them play the game. Bases are set at 60-foot paths with a 35-foot pitching distance. In the 8U league, pitching and catching clinics will be offered to help prepare the players for the next level of play in 10U. Players who are 6 may request to play in the 8U Division in the Fall.
10U represents the young players first transition into kid pitch, the 10U Division is for 9 and 10 year-old players. The game is played on a field with 60-foot paths and a 35-foot pitching distance. Players who are 8 years old may request to play in the 10U Division.
12U is for 11 and 12 year-old players. The game is played on a field with 60-foot paths and a 40-foot pitching distance. Players who are 10 years old may request to play in the 12U Division.
14U is for 13 and 14 year-old players. The game is played on a field with 60-foot paths and a 43-foot pitching distance. Players who are 12 years old may request to play in the 14U Division.
Pitching is a critical part of the game. Some of the fundamentals for pitching development are described in the document below.